Tips for Settling Down at Night
1. Don't consume caffeine, chocolate and other "sugary" drinks close to bedtime
2. Adopt and adhere to a bedtime routine that includes quiet activities, like reading
3. Dinner time should be a few hours before bedtime (a full tummy can affect sleep)
4. Set a bedroom ambiance that will help your child relax
5. Be sure to keep active during the day to be more physically tired at night and fall asleep faster
6. Implement relaxation techniques before bedtime
7. A warm bath before bedtime can calm a child and prepare them for sleep.